When I moved to London four years ago I never in a million years thought I would find a British guy and get married here in London (even though a psychic in Ireland told me three years ago).
I have lots of people ask me why I’m getting married in London and not at home in beautiful New Zealand so here are the reasons why:
1. London is such an iconic place and getting married here will hold such special memories for us. We are having a big red old route master bus to ferry our guests from the ceremony to reception and having never been on one I can say I am pretty excited. The reception is at an old London pub in Kings Cross which holds quite a special place for both of us.
2. My other half comes from quite a large family, he has 3 siblings with partners and kids of their own and it would be so unfair to ask them to travel all the way to New Zealand whereas I only have one sibling. People just don’t realise quite how far it is until they do the journey themselves. New Zealand is literally the furthest place away from the UK in the whole world!
3. Organisation is key when trying to get a wedding together and I couldn’t imagine having to do all the organising from the other side of the world, phone calls, viewings, tastings the list goes on…you have to be there for everything so to save myself the stress and sanity it seems right to be there for all of that.
4. As much as I hate to say it I do love London very much (most of the time) and getting married here I think will make it so much more special. We are getting married literally 500m from where we met, where we work and close to where we live so it is so significant to us as a couple.
5. All my friends are over here! As many kiwis do, we make the trek to come in live in London to work, travel and have a good time. Lots of my really close friends have made London their home now and I am so excited and pleased that they are here to share in the festivities. For those still at home or somewhere else they are amazingly making the trip over and tying it in with a European summer trip (be rude not to).
So there you have it, I am going to have a proper London wedding in 2 weeks and I can’t be more excited! These amazing photos were taken by our wedding photographer the talented Sarah Morris. Check out her website and blog as her photos are incredible!
(Visited 238 times, 1 visits today)